Click on the icon to find out how many of your purchases at smile.amazon.com can benefit Amil Tellers/Encore Theatre.
In Search of Director for April 2020
We are in search of a director for our April, 2020 McDonald Youth Show as the selected director has had to withdraw due to work commitments. While we had originally planned to produce James and the Giant Peach JR., we realize that due to the change in directors, they might not be prepared in time for that show, so the board has made the decision to change the show to Disney’s Frozen Jr. We are also looking for a music director and choreographer, although the director has the right to choose their own.
If anyone is interested in directing, please let us know by this next Thursday, January 30th, 2020 as we plan on having any interviews on Sunday, February 2, at 2pm.
The audition dates for the show are already set for February 24th and 25th, and production dates are April 17th – 19th, 2020. No application needed, just please let us know if you are interested in directing.
New color for Encore Theate!
Encore Theatre partnered with Visit Greater Lima and received a grant to paint the exterior of our building. This involved tuck pointing the entire building, a complete high pressure cleaning of the exterior, taping and masking all of the trim, doors and windows and a thorough spray painting of the building. Thanks to all the volunteers who helped to scrape paint, power wash, tape off doors and windows and paint the building. The main painting was completed in July. As we try to update and improve the building we also keep in mind our on going maintenance of the building (see below). We are now considering painting the interior lobby and finishing the trim around the exterior.
MAINTENANCE ITEMS AROUND THE THEATRE
1. Volunteers worked on painting the building in June and July (see above).
2. We are still leveling out the stone in the parking lot. The plows and general use has moved some of the stone around.
3. The roof leak is fixed. The rolled roof is the original roof and will need to be replaced.
4. The air conditioner for the auditorium was damaged by lightening and needed to be replaced. We rented an air conditioner to cool the auditorium for the production of Little Mermaid. We are now making plans to replace two compressors from the original units.
5. We are also investigating resealing the parking lot.
6. Please look around the property and pick up loose papers and trash.
7. With mowing season the theater crew will be cutting grass.
8. Weeding is a constant battle on the property.
9. The drains by the overhead doors have been cleaned out. Leaves and trash in this area cause the drains to back up and flood the theater. Also drains in the scene room need cleaning. The paint and bristles are a constant problem.