Artisan Children’s Theater
announces auditions for
Music by Charles Strouse
Lyrics by Martin Charnin
Book by Thomas Meehan
Based on "Little Orphan Annie" by permission of The Media Tribune Services, Inc.
Directed by Natalie Burkhart
Choreographed by Jennifer Leyva
Music Direction by Noël Clark
The irrepressible comic strip heroine takes center stage in one of the world's best-loved, award-winning musicals.
AUDITION DATES: Monday, September 30 and Tuesday, October 1 from 4:30pm-7:30pm**
**Dance Auditions will take place immediately following the vocal auditions on both nights.
· To audition, please schedule an appointment by clicking the following link: http://www.meetme.so/ArtisanChildrensTheater
· Audition form and more information on line at: http://www.artisanct.com/auditions
· Auditions will be held at Artisan Center Theater located at 444 East Pipeline Road, Hurst, TX 76053.
· Rehearsals begin Monday, October 7, 2019 and will generally be Monday-Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons.
· Actors must be at least 8 years old at the time of auditions to be considered for casting.
· Callbacks (if needed) will be Thursday, October 3, 2019 from 4:30-6:30pm.
PRODUCTION DATES: November 15-December 21, 2019
· Performances will be Fridays at 5:00pm and Saturdays at 10:00am and 12:00pm, with additional 12:00pm shows on December 10 and 17, and 10:00am and 12:00pm shows on December 20. (No 5:00pm show on December 20.)
Vocal Auditions – Be prepared to sing 16 bars from a Broadway or Disney song in the style of the show that best displays your vocal ability. No accompanist will be provided, so actors are asked to bring a CD with their accompaniment. Artisan Children’s Theater discourages the use of phones or other digital devices, so please bring your accompaniment on a CD. No singing a cappella please. Actors will also be doing cold readings from the script, so it is encouraged that everyone auditioning is familiar with the material. Audition sides will be posted on the ACT website prior to auditions.
Dance Auditions – The dance audition will be from 6:30-7:30pm on September 30 and October 1, the same day as song/sides auditions. All actors who wish to be considered for a role should plan to attend during that time, in addition to their vocal audition appointment. Actors will learn a brief dance combination and perform it in groups. Please be sure to bring clothes that you can move in. Dance auditions begin promptly at 6:30pm, so plan to arrive early.
Please bring your conflict information with you to the audition. It is critical that you let Artisan Children’s Theater know all of your conflicts at the auditions. Artisan Children’s Theater will be unable to accept conflicts after casting is done unless they are emergencies.
ABOUT THE SHOW:
Based on the popular comic strip and adapted from the Tony Award-winning Best Musical, with a beloved book and score by Tony Award winners, Thomas Meehan, Charles Strouse and Martin Charnin, Annie JR. features everyone’s favorite little redhead in her very first adventure.
With equal measures of pluck and positivity, little orphan Annie charms everyone's hearts despite a next-to-nothing start in 1930s New York City. Annie is determined to find the parents who abandoned her years ago on the doorstep of an orphanage run by the cruel Miss Hannigan. Annie eventually foils Miss Hannigan's evil machinations, finding a new home and family in billionaire Oliver Warbucks, his personal secretary, Grace Farrell, and a lovable mutt named Sandy.
Hope to see you there!
Artisan Children's Theater
444 East Pipeline Road, Hurst, Texas 76053
817-284-1200 | ArtisanCT.com