Artisan Children’s Theater
announces auditions for
Beat Bugs: A Musical Adventure
By Sean Cercone and David Abbinanti
Featuring the music of The Beatles
Directed by Natalie Burkhart
Choreographed by Jennifer Leyva
Music Direction by Noël Clark
Based on the hit NETFLIX animated series and inspired by the music of The Beatles, this musical adaptation centers around five very tiny pals who explore the world and learn life lessons.
AUDITION DATES: Monday, June 10 from 4:30pm-6:00pm (Songs/Sides) and Tuesday, June 11 from 4:30pm-6:00pm (Dance)
**Actors must attend both days of auditions.
· To audition, please schedule an appointment by clicking the following link: http://www.meetme.so/ArtisanChildrensTheater
· Audition form and more information on line at: http://www.artisanct.com/auditions
· Auditions will be held at Artisan Center Theater located at 444 East Pipeline Road, Hurst, TX 76053.
· Rehearsals begin Monday, June 17, 2019 and will generally be Monday-Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons.
· Actors must be at least 11 years old at the time of auditions to be considered for casting. (9-10 year olds may audition upon approval.)
· Callbacks (if needed) will be Wednesday, June 12, 2019 from 4:30-6:30pm.
PRODUCTION DATES: July 27-August 31, 2019
· Performances will be Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 10:00am and 12:00pm through August 17. Beginning August 23, performances will be at 5:00pm on Fridays and 10:00am and 12:00pm on Saturdays.
· Cast members may also be asked to perform at the 2019 Fairy Tale Ball on July 9 at 6pm.
Vocal Auditions – Be prepared to sing 16 bars from a Beatles, Broadway or Disney song in the style of the show that best displays your vocal ability. No accompanist will be provided, so actors are asked to bring a CD with their accompaniment. Artisan Children’s Theater discourages the use of phones or other digital devices, so please bring your accompaniment on a CD. No singing a cappella please. Actors will also be doing cold readings from the script, so it is encouraged that everyone auditioning is familiar with the material. Audition sides will be posted on the ACT website prior to auditions.
Dance Auditions – The dance audition will be from 4:30-6pm on June 11. All actors who wish to be considered for a role should plan to attend during that time, in addition to their vocal audition appointment. Actors will learn a brief dance combination and perform it in groups. Please be sure to bring clothes that you can move in. Dance auditions begin promptly at 4:30pm, so plan to arrive early.
Please bring your conflict information with you to the audition. It is critical that you let Artisan Children’s Theater know all of your conflicts at the auditions. Artisan Children’s Theater will be unable to accept conflicts after casting is done unless they are emergencies.
ABOUT THE SHOW:
Beat Bugs, a new musical adaptation based on the NETFLIX animated series, inspired by music made famous by The Beatles, centers around five pals who explore the world and learn life lessons. Follow Walter, Buzz, Jay, Crick, and Kumi as they go on a mission to save Strawberry Fields! The show incorporates numerous songs from the iconic catalogue including “All You Need Is Love”, “Come Together”, “We Can Work It Out”, “Yellow Submarine”, “Lucy In the Sky with Diamonds”, “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”, “In My Life”, “Strawberry Fields Forever” and “Magical Mystery Tour”.
DANCE AUDITION WORKSHOP:
To help actors prepare for the dance audition, Artisan is offering a one-day audition workshop on Saturday, June 8, 2019, 3:00pm–4:30pm. Beat Bugs Choreographer, Jennifer Leyva, will teach actors how to have a successful dance audition while also giving a sneak peek at the audition combinations. For more information, visit http://www.artisanct.com/audition-workshops.
Hope to see you there!
Artisan Children's Theater
444 East Pipeline Road, Hurst, Texas 76053
817-284-1200 | ArtisanCT.com