CENTER THEATRE CHILDREN'S SUMMER
DRAMA CAMP 2020
We're happy to be able to offer Drama Camp, but it should be no surprise that camp will be a bit different this year. Once registered you will receive a copy of the information below via email and we will send reminders, updates, and check-in emails as neccessary. We have done our best to make sure that we are not only following the guidelines for day-camps provided by the State of Maine, but that we will be providing a safe and fun experience for the kids and staff.
Monson Camp, in the Moore Building, Directed by Derrick Buschmann, June 29th through July 10th.
Dover Camp 1, at the East Sangerville Grange, Directed by David Murray, July 20th through July 31st
Dover Camp 2, at the East Sangerville Grange, Directed by David Murray, August 10 through August 21st
Camp runs Monday through Friday from 8am to 2pm
Registration for each session is $275. If you have multiple kids in the same session each child will get a $25 discount. Links to camp registration is at the bottom of this page.
We have a very limited number of scholarships available for each camp. If you are requesting a scholarship, type 'scholarship' into the coupon code box at checkout. You will not have to pay anything to register and Theatre staff will contact you to confirm your scholarship.
Changes to Camp:
Here is a link to the guidelines from the state for day camps. To better meet these guidelines we've made the following changes to camp:
- Smaller Camp Sessions: Each session will have a maximum of 10 kids
- Older Campers: This summer the minimum age to attend camp will be 8 years old
- Maine kids only: Due to the State's quarantine requirements we will only be accepting campers who are Maine residents.
- Lunches/Snacks: There will be no lunch service this year. All campers should bring their own brown bag lunch. Refrigerators will be available. We will provide pre-packaged snacks and bottled water.
- Performances: There will be no public performance at the end of each session. On the last Friday of camp, up to two family members may come to watch the camper performance. Attendees are encouraged to bring phones/cameras to record the performance. We will also be making a recording of the performance to distribute via email.
- Please have a properly sized mask for your child to use if necessary at camp. We do not anticipate the need for masks at all times, but only during some group activities. Of course, if you prefer your child to wear a mask at all times we will help to make sure that happens as well.
Day-to-day camp activities will look different as well, but those activities will vary depending on the session and the kids. We will be helping the kids to maintain distance as much as possible. After campers leave each day the building will be thoroughly cleaned by staff. Obvioulsy, the health of campers and staff is our first priority. So we will insist that if any staff or camper displays any symptoms of COVID 19 that they stay at home. Because of the ease of spread within households, if any family member of a camper has symptoms that camper should not come to camp.
There is also a chance that these guidelines may change, or our ability to hold camp may be restricted due to updated guidance or restrictions from the State. If there are any changes we will let parents know as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Patrick Myers, the Center Theatre's Executive Director at email@example.com or call the Theatre at (207)564-8943.