Do you have a theatrical child? Or one that is into lights, sound,and video? Or both? Or are they the same kid? Time to sign them up for the Center Theatre's first After-School program. Our Theatrical Arts and Technology program is for High School students and 8th graders interested in learning new skills and deepening their appreciation of performing. The course will be taught by Derrick Buschmann, former head of the Foxcroft Academy Theater and Film Department. The department disappeared because of COVID-related budget cuts, but we're thrilled to provide Derrick a platform to continue educating. Some details:
- Open to any 8th grader or high school student, homeschoolers welcome!
- The program will run in 8-week courses. The next session starts the week of January 11th.
- Our afterschool program will meet Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, from 3:30 to 4:30 at the Center Theatre.
- From 5:00 to 6:00 Derrick Buschmann will be working with students on the Foxcroft Academy One-Act play. Kids in the afterschool program can also stay and be part of the the F.A. One Act. Only FA students will be performing, but there will be plenty of help needed behind the scenes and with tech.
- We will be following state guidelines for COVID-19 including wearing masks and proper distancing. While we may switch to on-line classes if local schools close completely, we will make the decision based on the exposure of class members.
- Suggested cost for each 8-week course is $100, but tuition will be on a sliding scale starting at $25.