Q&A for Virtual World Dance Camp
Dear FTH Online Students,
We are here to help! Below are a few answers to questions that you may have:
We recommend kids age 13 and under to sign up for our Kids Camp considering the use of virtual platforms; that said, parents can use their judgment in determining whether the program fits their child(ren). Please be aware that the class will be a mixed-age learning group. No dance experience is required!
It is important that students attend each class and arrive on time - the sessions are deliberately short and we need to use every minute! If you have to miss a class or will be late, please contact us in advance to help Teaching Artists adjust lessons accordingly. Refunds or credits are not possible for any missed class or absence.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- Full payment is due upon registration. No refunds will be given under any circumstances. If you are no longer able to participate, please contact email@example.com and your non-refundable payment will be donated to FTH education programs to help us survive the coronavirus pandemic.
- Flushing Town Hall reserves the right to cancel classes or camps due to insufficient enrollment. If a class or camp is canceled by Flushing Town Hall, you are entitled to a full tuition refund.
- Students will need a computer or laptop with a camera and microphone, a stable internet connection, access to emailed materials (including password-protected Zoom links – no Zoom account needed), and space to dance.
- All classes meet on ZOOM. Please install the Zoom app before the class. We ask a parent to help your child log on each day and be readily available should your child need additional assistance with technology.
- Information for Camp Orientations, including Zoom tutorials, will be emailed to students the week prior to each session.
Photo / Video Permission
- Each camp will culminate in a small informal performance via Zoom. The show will be recorded by FTH staff and shared with students so that families and friends can watch and celebrate the week at camp!
- Students agree not to record sessions or share any class materials for any purpose, unless approved by FTH staff. Any recordings or photos made by students are strictly for in-class learning only, should not be shared via email or any social media.
- FTH reserves the rights to document activities and/or final presentations via video recording or screenshots which may be used in promotional materials. If classes are being recorded, Teaching Artists will remind students at the beginning of the class.
Please contact FTH Education & Public Programs Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.