FINDING GABRIELA D.C. YOUTH POETRY CONTEST
1. Contestants must attend school, reside, or have a permanent address in Washington, DC, Montgomery or Prince George’s County in Maryland, Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, or Falls Church County in Virginia.
2. Contestants must be between the ages of 11 and 19 as of April 20th, 2020.
3. Poems may be in English, Spanish, Portuguese, any indigenous language of the Americas, or any combination of these languages.
4. Contestants may submit only one entry.
4. Contestants may receive limited teachers’ assistance, as long as no specific wording is given by the teacher. We want to read the work of young people, not their teachers.
5. Poems must be between 50 and 1,000 words.
6. Contestants may write about what they would like to write about.
7. First, second, and third place poets in each age group will receive monetary awards. Judges will be at liberty to recommend Honorable Mention awards.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Submissions must be made between February 14th and April 10th, 2020 to Brian J. Shaw at
The In Series 1835 14th St NW Washington, DC 20009 or email@example.com .
For submissions to be processed the following information must be included:
1.Name as enrolled in school
2. Birth Date
3. School and Grade
5. Email address (required) and phone number
Contest judges will be given no information other than your age when receiving submissions.
Participants are encouraged to have their poems proofread for spelling and grammatical errors before submission.
Teachers are permitted to proofread.
* PLEASE NOTE: By making a submission, the participant gives IN Series permission to print the submission - as well as any photographs taken at the awards ceremony in printed materials.