INside IN Series
We work with D.C. artists and communities to create innovative theater grounded in opera and song. We reimagine these forms, folding in an expanding range of aesthetic and cultural traditions.
We are committed to excellence, creativity, and accessibility to our shared, multifaceted musical heritage, as exemplified by our regular Latinx cultural programs.
– Who, What, Where, and Why
We imagine a thriving global community in which opera is a fully integrated and essential part of collective conversation.
In picturing the journey to this end, IN Series is a change maker – a force that radically transforms perceptions of the “who”, “what”, “where”, and “why” of opera: who gets to make opera and for whom is it made; what is defined as an operatic experience; where do operas take place; and why we make opera, why does opera matter.
- Timothy Nelson, Artistic Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carla Hűbner, Founder Emerita
- Luz Segura, Managing Director email@example.com
- Brian Shaw, Artistic Associate firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cara Gonzalez, Marketing and Outreach Coordinator email@example.com
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- John Fitzgerald Lopez, President
- Anna Deeny Morales, Vice-President
- Larry Huffman, Vice-President
- Mary Bird, Secretary
- Jack Ventura, Treasurer
- Ira Bartfield, Chair of Nominating Committee
- Katie Dougherty
- Peter Huessy, Finance Committee
- Abel Lopez
- Timothy Nelson
- Sultan Shakir, Development Committee
- Pauline Thompson
- Stanley Thurston
- Julie Van Blarcom
- Clare Wolfowitz
AUDITION FOR IN SERIES
IN Series holds regular live auditions and accepts resumes from interested singers, actors, dancers, and other artists. Materials can be mailed digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLUNTEER WITH IN SERIES
IN Series is always looking for community members to share their time and talent with us – from ushering, to helping our office or production staff, to advising us from your expertise, even to participating in the creation of our productions.
If you have something to offer and would like a chance to be part of creating powerful and moving art, contact us at email@example.com!