Division: Market Beef
Show Order: (Times are approximations)
8:00 am Ed & Hazel Korrey Memorial Bucket Calf Show
8:30 am Breeding Beef Show
9:00 am Supreme Merit Heifer
9:30 am Showmanship
10:30 am Market Beef Show
1. Market beef must be less than two years of age. If age is disputed, the calf will be mouthed.
2. Any market cattle not reaching minimum sale weight (1150 lb steers, 1050 lb heifers) will be shown in a feeder class, not eligible for sale. The maximum weight for all market beef is 1550 lbs.
3. All steers will be shown by weight classes. Final show classification will be determined by superintendents after all entries are weighed. Class breakdown will be posted Thursday morning.
4. The official rate of gain starting weight will be spring weigh-in weight. The final weight will be the official show and sale weight. Market beef must meet the minimum sale weight requirements and be shown to qualify for rate of gain awards.
5. Market beef will be sold on the grid, thus each carcass will take the premiums or discounts awarded to that carcass.
6. NO COLORING OF BEEF CATTLE ALLOWED ABOVE THE FLANKS.
1 – Market Heifers (1050 lbs to 1550 lbs)
2 – Feeder Heifer(less than 1050lbs-not eligible for champion or sale)
3- Overweight Heifers (more than 1550 lbs-not eligible for champion or sale)
4 - Lightweight – 1150-1250 lbs
5 - Mediumweight – 1251-1400 lbs
7 - Heavyweight – 1401 lbs -1550 lbs
8 - Feeder – (Less than 1150 lbs not eligible for champion or sale)
9—Overweight—(More than 1550 lbs not eligible for champion or sale)
10 – Rate of Gain
11 – Market Beef Carcass
12 – Supreme Market Beef
Divisions and classes can be added or removed by superintendents depending on numbers.
Grand Champion – Wells Fargo Bank
Pilkington Financial Services
Reserve Grand Champion – John Knaub Memorial/Sterling FFA
Champion Market Heifer – Chaney-Reager Funeral Home
Champion Lightweight Steer – Premier Farm Credit
Champion Medium weight Steer – Wickham Tractor Co.
Champion Medium Heavyweight Steer – Proctor Peppers 4-H Club
Champion Heavyweight Steer – Howard & Mike Hettinger
Champion Market Beef Carcass – Chaney-Reager Funeral Home
Supreme Champion Market Beef – Wells Fargo Bank
Champion Rate of Gain-Sam and Julie Sonnenberg
Division: Breeding Beef
1. Open to purebred or commercial females and bulls.
2. Indicate breed at time of entry.
3. If adequate breed entries are made, a separate breed class will be set up. Otherwise, breeding cattle will show in one of the following classes: English breeds, Exotic breeds, other breeds, and crossbred.
4. Entries will be classified according to age as follows:
a. Junior Calves –calved after January 1, 2018
b. Senior Calves - calved September 1 – December 31, 2017
c. Junior Yearlings – calved between May 1 and August 31, 2017
d. Senior Yearlings – calved between January 1 and April 30, 2017
e. Cow-Calf Pair-both halter broke
5. Superintendents reserve the right to combine breeds as necessary.
12 – Junior and Senior Bull Calf
13 – Senior Yearling Bull Calf
14 – Junior Yearling Bull Calf
15 – Senior Heifer Calf
16 – Junior Heifer Calf
17 – Senior Yearling Heifer
18 – Junior Yearling Heifer
19 – Cow-Calf Pair
103--Supreme Heifer Phase 1
104--Supreme Heifer Phase 2
100 – Junior Showmanship
101 – Int. Showmanship
102 – Senior Showmanship
Grand Champion – Supreme Ag Service
Reserve Grand Champion – Sonnenberg Agency