THE NIGHT OWLS
The Night Owls Members' Choice: Noche de la Lechuza
A fresh take on art and music!
Friday, September 1, 7:30-10 PM
Night Owls members: free / Athenaeum members: $5 / Nonmembers: $10
Space is limited. Reservations recommended.
Recommended for ages 21 to 40-something
Choose your favorite artwork as the Night Owls presents Noche de la Lechuza: Members’ Choice. One of the best-loved events, Night Owls guests and members put their stamp on the Annual Juried Exhibition by voting for their favorite work of art from the popular exhibition featuring 56 works of art. Mix and mingle with the 41 local artists in the show while you enjoy Stone Brewing Co. beer, tequila tastings, and guacamole and ceviche from Puesto. Listen to the eclectic tunes of Red Pony Clock, a mariachi-influenced nine-piece band that entwines heavy horns, tropical salsa, and 60’s pop/rock for a sound as varied and energizing as the art. Come to the Night Owls to become both juror and reveler in a festive night of diverse art and music.
To RSVP call (858) 454-5872 or click the "Purchase Tickets" button and prepare for an awesome evening.
Join us at the library for a fun evening for art and music enthusiasts aged 21 to 40-something. Night Owls event can feature an art exhibition, live music by a local band, art, music, and dance demonstrations, a lecture, a group art project to inspire your creativity, raffle prizes, and much more! Want to get in FREE to all of our Night Owls events? Become a member of The Night Owls.
To join The Night Owls, CLICK HERE, or call us at (858) 454-5872.
Not into commitment? Attend a single event for $10 at the door.
As a member of the Athenaeum's Night Owls, you and a friend will enjoy free admission to four to six Night Owls events per year, in addition to all of the perks of an Athenaeum Individual Membership.
• Member discounts on over 150 events per year, including jazz, classical and new music concerts, lectures, and special events.
• Invitations to all art exhibition openings - about 8 per year.
• Member discounts on a vast array of art classes at the La Jolla and University Heights studios.
• Borrowing privileges to the Athenaeum's unique collection of art and music books, periodicals, CDs and DVDs.
• A subscription to the bi-monthly member newsletter so you'll be the first to know what's happening.
• The opportunity to vote on the Night Owls Members' Choice Award in the Athenaeum Annual Juried Exhibition.
...all for just $75!
The Night Owls committee is:
Angela Lynch, Maura Walters, Elena Childrey, Amber Sykes, Sami Tutone, Katie Walders, Drew Peters, Shelley Crutz, Maziar Moridani, Anna Haudenschild, Anthony Sabatini, Rebecca Bostwick, and Kiri Hagerman.
Thanks to our sponsors for supporting The Night Owls!