Not everyone has a venue, and the LPAC Lab is committed to making sure that performers can find a stage, rehearsal room, even skilled technicians to develop their original work in progress.
- The purpose of Lab Grant is to present works-in-progress (Open Dress Rehearsal/Stage Reading, Lecture Demonstration.
Submission Process to Lab
Submissions are accepted by LPAC on an ongoing basis and awards will be made based on availability of the theatres.
Artists must submit the following:
- one page artistic statement
- half-page description of proposed project
- an excerpt of script (if applicable) not to exceed 5 pages
- bio or resume of primary artist(s)
- work sample
- request for performance or workshop date for Little Theatre.
Up to 40 hours of rehearsal space in the theatre with 4 hours of technical support.
- Suggested donation $5.00
- Barebones production elements (existing light plot must not be changed, sets will consist of simple furniture such as: tables, chairs, platforms, etc).
- Opportunities for students of LAGCC to attend open rehearsals
- Their own marketing and publicity efforts
- A public presentation of work being developed (open rehearsal or workshop)
- Q & A with the audience