1. How did you first get interested in theatre?
I was interested from an early age. My Mom was involved and I'd tag along
2. What was the first play you appeared in or worked on?
Mr Popper's Penguins...I was 5
3. When did you work at the Red Barn?
1976-1981, 1983-1985, 1993, 1999
4. What shows do you most remember?
Shadow Box, Little Me, Crimes of the Heart, Daddy's Dying Who's Got the Will, Hot L Baltimore
5. Where do you live now?
6. What are you doing now career-wise?
I have a two person story theatre company ~Flights of Fantasy Story Theatre. We do literacy programs for children and families. We also work with Head Start Sites~doing story times and promoting literacy for children who typically aren't exposed to literature. This summer we are doing virtual performances for libraries.We write all our own material using folktales and fables as the base.
7. Let us know a bit about your family?
Just me and my dog. Though many of the folks I've know from the Barn are my "family"
8. Anything else you’d like to share about your life or life at the Red Barn?
I was one of the first people outside of Frankfort to work at the Barn. The first weeks were a little odd...I was the "new" girl. Several weeks in folks were looking for a place to have a party after the show...I volunteered my house in Lafayette. Folks came and that was the beginning of becoming a "Barnie".There may have been singing in lamps. I am still friends with many of the folks I worked with at the Barn and it gave me the chance to play roles I might never have played. I think it gave me a confidence to try new roles and expand my comfort zone.
9. If someone wanted to follow you or get in touch with you, where could they find you?
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. I'm on Facebook and Instagram too. My companies website is www.flightsoffantasy.org
Little Me, 1977
Hide and Seek, 1981
Hot L Baltimore. 1978
Terry Amy with Leslie Odom Jr. from Hamilton