Work With Us
Theatre of Youth (TOY) is currently seeking a Director of Development. If you are interested, please review the information and submit your resume and cover letter to Managing Director Kevin Leary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Theatre of Youth (TOY) – WNY’s only professional theatre company dedicated exclusively to children and fa milies – seeks a Director of Development to join its fast-paced management team.
Theatre of Youth Company, Inc. (TOY) is a 501(c)3 non-profit theatre dedicated to child audiences. TOY stimulates the imagination, nurtures the creative spirit, and enhances the education of young people by engaging them in relevant, child-centered, and professionally-produced live theatre programs. TOY believes meaningful childhood experiences in the theatre develop confidence in creative thinking skills, cultivate empathy and establish a life-long connection to the arts.
Under the general direction and supervision of the Managing Director, the Director of Development’s job is to design and implement engagement and fundraising strategies to increase awareness of TOY, expand its community network, and to meet contributed revenue goals.
Submissions are being accepted immediately, with rolling review beginning April 8.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Donor database management and development, including importing data, coordinating gifts with the finance department, and appropriately acknowledging gifts.
- Develop a cohesive fundraising strategy that will achieve the organization’s development goals, with a particular emphasis on building a strong community network
- Cultivate a strong portfolio of donor prospects and partners
- Create a yearly direct mail campaign targeting TOY donors and supporters
- Clarify giving opportunities with patrons and supporters
- Collaborate on the planning and execution of “friendraising” and fundraising events
- Assists the Board of Directors with an annual fundraising event
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in relatable field. An ability to cultivate relationships through excellent verbal and written skills. Ability to handle high-pressure situations with professional and respectful decorum. Demonstrated ability to build community networks and meet objectives/goals.
Master’s degree and professional experience in the field. Previous experience with annual fund and coordination of fundraising events. Experience/knowledge of data analytics and/or data-driven strategies.
This position is part-time. Compensation $25,000 annually; hours negotiable. EEO employer.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and two letters of recommendation to Managing Director Kevin Leary at email@example.com.