In the 2019-2020 season, The Public Theater of San Antonio will be considered an AEA - Small Professional - Category 1 Theater.
Click for the most recent SPT Actors' Equity Association Rule Book!
*You do NOT have to be an AEA member to audition/be involved with our theater. We aim to treat all performers with equal worth and value – Equity works!
The Public Theater General Auditions (2019-2020 Season)
April 25, 2019; 12:00 - 5:30 pm
April 26, 2019; 12:00 - 5:30 pm
April 27, 2019; 10:00 am - 7:15 pm
April 28, 2019; 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Thank you for your interest in performing for our 2019-2020 Season! These GENERAL AUDITIONS will be utilized to cast the following productions:
Disney & Cameron Mackintosh's Mary Poppins*
The Rocky Horror Picture Show (shadow cast)
Elf - The Musical
All is Calm: The Christmas Truce of 1914
A Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime
A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder
More Better Beautiful (New work by Robert Caisley)
Into the Woods
*Accepting auditions for ages 8 and older - limited youth roles available
Shrek Jr. will be cast separately
Prepared Materials Required:
- Musicals OR Musicals and Plays
- 1 monologue (not to exceed 1 minute), 2 song selections (16-32 bars, not to exceed 30 seconds, nothing prior to 1990)
- Provide sheet music in the proper key
- No CD / No MP3 / No Acapella
- No private pianist (an accompanist is provided)
- Dance Call scheduled April 28, 2019, 3:30 - 6:30 p.m. If invited, please dress for movement/dance to include proper footwear.
- Plays ONLY
- 2 contrasting contemporary monologues (not to exceed 1 minute each)
- Do not bring props
- No original work or poetry
Please provide a color headshot and resume on arrival. Resumes should include a current phone number and email address. Minors are required to provide a parent/guardian email on audition registration as well as resume. No correspondence will be made with a minor's personal email.
To make your audition appointment, please CLICK HERE.
Video submissions accepted from non-local artists. Please send headshot, resume, and video of slate and required materials listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, please contact:
Laura Michelle Hoadley